Herbal Facial Steam:
With the end of summer knocking at the door and winter fast approaching, it is imperative to find ways to hydrate your skin. A great way to treat your skin and restore a healthy glow is through an at home herbal facial steam. Facial steams help loosen debris and soften pores so you can have clear, healthy, and blemish-free skin.
- Get a large French press or teapot.
- Add 1/3 cup dried lavender blossoms.
- Add 1/3 cup dried calendula blossoms.
- Add 2 cups of boiling water and steep for 10 minutes.
- Fill your clean bathroom sink halfway with hot water.
- Press or strain your herb infused water and add to the hot sink water.
- Add 5 drops of geranium essential oil.
- Use a large towel to cover your head and shoulders to create a tent over the sink and steam your face for 3-5 minutes. If your water cools add hot water to produce more steam.
- After you’re done steaming lightly wash your face and neck with lukewarm water and pat dry with a towel.