Product Development Scientist APPLY NOW
Nufabrx Product Development Scientist - Job Summary
About The Company
Nufabrx is an innovative, advanced materials early stage company with headquarters in Conover, NC. The company is founded on the mission of simplifying consumer health and wellness; instead of using creams, pills and patches, just get dressed! Nufabrx is looking to revolutionize drug delivery simply through the everyday clothing that people wear.
HERE'S WHY YOU'LL LOVE THIS JOB:
· You’ll be working at a company that is at the intersection of fashion, healthcare and retail worlds, with a rock star team of people who are passionate about winning at Nufabrx!
· You’ll be joining at team that is at the forefront category creation of Nufabrx’s Healthwear line of advanced textiles.
· You’ll be disrupting the norm and innovating by creating new products for our partners and consumers to connect with the Nufabrx Healthwear brand.
· You’ll be embracing emerging trends in the industry and encouraging Nufabrx to do the same by taking it to the next level.
· You’ll be making measurable and meaningful differences for our customers every day!
Role: Senior Product Development Scientist:
Serve as a project lead and a primary technical person for developing NEW transdermal drug delivery products from functional textiles for the Nufabrx organization.
Position requires starting from literature/patent research, idea-forming and proof of concept based on market leads. Under direction and supervision of the Chief Science Office, initiate the technical activities and development of new coatings, formulations and/or new processes based on sound scientific and analytical methods in support of new product development.
Technical activities will support pre-formulation studies, formulation development, process optimization, method development, manufacture of trial batches, validation of batches and product launch.
Development and execution of new formulation strategies related to product development should include, project planning and timelines, experimental design, data evaluation, construction of relevant and scientifically based conclusions, and necessary coordination/hand-off with other groups (QA/QC, Manufacturing, Legal, Marketing/Sales and Regulatory Affairs). Identify, analyze and suggest corrective actions to optimize R&D processes, technology and regulatory compliance issues.
- Contribute to active discovery and coating formulation science and be responsible for developing polymeric transdermal delivery systems for API, OTC, and cosmetic actives.
- Design experiments, perform pre-formulation studies, advance and optimize polymeric/active prototype coating formulations to support the manufacture of trial batches, validation batches and product launch.
- Identify and screen raw materials and develop final product / raw material specifications including evaluation of physicochemical properties and compatibility of raw materials.
- Write protocols and batch records to carry out process development and evaluation work, scale up and pivotal batch manufacturing for all GLP, cGMP.
- Coordinate activities with outside vendors supporting the development, manufacturing and packaging of development and trial batches.
- Maintain appropriate documentation of primary data records, lab notebooks and process report sheets. Support GLP/cGMP manufacturing including provision of process instruction, batch record reviews and acts as a hands on resource when required.
- Always be open to innovation and creating new things. This is a small business environment and moving quickly in response to market conditions is a must.
Education and Experience
- US citizenship or Permanent Resident
- Primary experience and advanced knowledge of the theories, practices and principles of physical polymer chemistry, chemical engineering, and pharmaceutics in support of developing polymeric transdermal drug delivery products. Prior experience as demonstrated through previous, successful new product development examples. Must be a self-starter.
- Secondary experience in the science of polymeric transdermal drug delivery products, knowledge of Franz Cell analysis; skin tape stripping; active release from reactive drug systems; transdermal patch adhesion characteristics; drug diffusion models, UV curable coatings, etc.
- Knowledge of the regulatory, safety and quality requirements required for cosmetic, OTC and API actives and their products.
- Knowledge of the use of statistical principals and techniques in optimizing coating formulations.
- Excellent hands-on mechanical skills. Specifically a good understanding and working knowledge of the equipment used to manufacture and test transdermal drug delivery systems including GC, HPLC, various spectroscopic methods, etc.
- Advanced degree in physical polymer chemistry, chemical engineering and/or pharmaceutical science or a related science with >4 years’ experience; preferably > 7 years of which 3-4 years dedicated specifically to developing transdermal drug delivery systems.
- Familiarity with lab safety practices, Safety Data Sheet (SDS), knowledge of OSHA regulations, and training in EHS lab safety compliance.
- Must have the ability to identify and analyze unique problems. Ability to efficiently handle pharmaceutical unit operations, such as mixing, homogenizing, laminating, patch cutting.
- Be highly motivated, decisive, and results-oriented individual with the flexibility and creativity to excel in and contribute to a rapidly growing company.
- Have fun in the workplace!
Every person here is a key player in our success. We are firm believers in making the little things count each day, so that the big things will follow. If this sounds like you, come check us out!
We mean it when we say you’ll LOVE this role.