Celebrate Your Skeleton
What is Bone and Joint Health Week?
Bone and Joint Action Week is held annually October 12-20.
Bones and joints make up important parts of our body which allow people to be mobile and active. This week focuses on bringing awareness to conditions within the musculoskeletal system (bones, muscles, tendons, ligaments, and soft tissues).
Examples of musculoskeletal disorders include more than 150 conditions such as arthritis, back pain, trauma, pediatric conditions, and osteoporosis. These conditions affect more than half of the U.S. population over the age of 18, which can lead to disability, diminished productivity, and quality of life. By raising awareness, we can improve prevention, disease management, and treatment for people impacted by such conditions.
- Approximately 1.71 billion people have musculoskeletal conditions worldwide
- Lower Back pain causes the highest burden affecting 568 million people
- Musculoskeletal conditions are the leading contributor to disability worldwide
- These conditions significantly limit mobility and dexterity, leading to early retirement from work, lower levels of well-being and reduced ability to participate in society
- With the population and life expectancy increasing, the number of people with musculoskeletal conditions is rapidly increasing
- The disability associated with musculoskeletal conditions has been increasing and is projected to continue to increase in the next decades
October 12, 2021: World Arthritis Day
The first day of Bone Joint and Health Week is World Arthritis Day. This day aims to help raise awareness about the impact of rheumatic and musculoskeletal diseases.
October 16, 2021: World Spine Day
World Spine Day focuses on spinal pain and disability on the global level. It highlights on the need for quality spine care and emphasizes the importance of good spinal health and injury prevention.
October 17, 2021: World Trauma Day
This is a day set aside to educate the community about prevention, effective intervention and treatment of traumatic injuries.
October 19, 2021: World Pediatric Bone and Joint (PB&J) Day
PB&J conditions have an intense impact on children. It is important for the public as well as healthcare providers to get an overall understanding of children's musculoskeletal health issues. It is treatable but many children do not get diagnosed in a timely manner, which means they live with unnecessary pain.
October 20, 2021: World Osteoporosis Day
Increase awareness surrounding prevention, diagnosis, and treatment to this condition emphasizing the importance of taking early action for bone and muscle health. This can be done by exercising regularly, eating a bone-healthy diet, and talking to an orthopedist.
Nufabrx wants to help ease everyday pain that occurs on all musculoskeletal levels.
Our products are designed to ease the pain people feel every day. With Pain Relieving Medicine built into our Compression products, you can receive relief just by wearing it.
In support of the fight, we are having a week-long SALE! Visit Nufabrx.com and BUY ONE, GET ONE 50% OFF.
Leave a comment