The Importance of Stretching Your Feet
As the part of the body we are walking around on all day, our feet tend to get over looked when it comes to self-care. It’s not until and injury or ailment happens, that you realize how much foot pain can slow you down. If you are someone who requires a lot of standing at work or you work-out a lot, it is important that you can stay mobile. You’re probably used to stretching your legs, back or arms, but a few simple foot and ankle stretches and basic care can go a long way to preventing injury. As the foundation for your body, keeping your feet healthy is important to provide the best support for the rest of the body.
Toe Extension – great for preventing or treating plantar fasciitis
- Sit up straight in a chair, with the feet flat on the floor and place your right foot on the left thigh
- Pull the toes back toward the ankle. You should experience a stretching feeling along the bottom of the foot and heel cord
- Repeat on each foot
Towel Calf Stretch – helps stretch the foot, calf and ankle all at once
- Sit down on the floor with both legs straight out in front of you
- Loop a towel around one foot and gently pull back until you feel a stretch in the calf muscle
- Hold for 30 seconds and repeat with each foot
Foot Circles – simple but effective so strengthen the foot and ankle muscles
- Sit down and gently curl your toes in so the foot is arched
- Slowly rotate the foot clockwise for 10 seconds, then counter clockwise for another 10 seconds
- Switch feet
In addition to stretching, it is important to practice general foot care as well. Be sure to always warm- up before a workout and stop immediately if you start experiencing any pain. Always make sure to wear supportive shoes and socks for a long run or day on your feet. Nufabrx compression socks and plantar fasciitis foot sleeves are a great way to provide extra support and pain relief for your feet. With pain medication built directly into the socks, they are great while you’re out and about or at home recovering. Comfortable enough for day relief, you can walk away happy with Nufabrx on your feet.