Celebrate Women's Health and Fitness
National Women’s Health & Fitness Day
The last Wednesday of every September is dedicated to women’s health and fitness. This is an annual day that highlights the importance of physical activity and health awareness for women of all ages. Women need to take control of their health today and every day because health is interconnected to all aspects of life; mental, emotional, physical, spiritual, and social.
Why It’s Important
It is reported that 15.6% of women in the U.S., ages 18 and over, are in fair or poor health which equates to approximately 26 million females nationwide.
More than 60% of women in the U.S. do not engage in the recommended amount of physical activity and more than 25% are not active at all.
Benefits to being physically active:
- Reduce risks of heart disease, high blood pressure, diabetes, and certain cancers
- Maintain healthy bones, muscles, and joints
- Control weight, muscle, and body fat
- Release endorphins which will trigger positive feelings reducing symptoms of anxiety and depression
- Helps control joint swelling and pain associated with arthritis
Women are more likely to experience anxiety and depression than men. Approximately 25% of women reported having some type of mental illness in 2019.
We believe that quality health leads to quality life.
How We Want to Help
In support of women and their health, we are having a SALE! Purchase any product for $19.99 for the rest of September!
No promo code is needed! Just visit Nufabrx.com and automatically receive the discount!
We asked the Women of Nufabrx for some Health Tips:
Melanie Brill-Yorgey, Marketing Director
- Try and move for a half hour every day, whether it be a ride on my peloton, a core workout, or just a walk outside with my dogs!
- Keep my Hydroflask full and near my desk throughout the day so I stay hydrated.
- I try and only eat during an 8-hour period. So, I usually have coffee for breakfast, have a big lunch, and a smaller dinner. Fasting is a great way to keep your digestive system clean and make sure you aren’t eating too much before bed.
Jackie Drzewinski, Social Media and Community Manager
- If you are not drinking enough water, set some daily notifications on your phone to remind you!
- Always stretch before any activity.
- Have an upbeat and rocking playlist!
Layla Barr, Account Manager
- Take breaks during the day to get your body moving. A 15-minute walk in between meetings can help you get motivated and awaken your body (your dog will also thank you).
- Find what time of day is best suited for your energy level for workouts. I’m an AM person myself!
- No weight is too light! Only have 5lb weights at home? You still can complete a great workout with smaller weights in hand.
Jessica Gregory, Product Development Manager
- Don’t be afraid to go up in weights. Strength training can help improve your performance
- Drink at least 8 ounces of water with lemon first thing in the morning to kick start your digestion
- Listen to your body! If you need a rest day, take it. If you need to connect with your body and mind instead of sweating and pumping those calories, do some mind + body + connection yoga. Your body is a temple, treat it kindly
Leave a comment